Friday, May 27, 2011

Thrifty Thursday: Floating Book Shelves

It may seem I'm on a kick with DIY shelving systems.  Well I am but there's meaning behind the madness I promise.
1. We love books in our house.  We both read but my husband reads A LOT and he likes to keep ALL his books.  So needless to say, we own many, many books and I would like to display them (if we must) in a creative way.
2. Shelving is expensive- especially when you consider what it's made out of: wood (and not rare, expensive kind), glue and nails/screws.  So, why spend all that lettuce?
3. I love it when I see something that I like and then realize that "I can do that" and save money at the same time.  And I'm thinking there are a lot of you out there that are thinking the same thing...
4. There are so many GREAT DIY ideas out there! I promise I will eventually get to them all but this is the one I chose today.  So enjoy!

I've seen these "floating" invisible shelves in several stores and wonder when the day will come when I either am crazy enough to spend the money one them or when they will go on sale.. haha! But here is the greatest thing: all you need are L-brackets, a level and a little bit of time.  So simple and CHEAP!! You can find the instructions (if you call them that- it's so self-explanatory) on the  MayDecember Blog


Please share if you decide to attempt this DIY project! I would love to hear from you! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment